Mission and Objectives
The main project objective – the development of an Optimised Energy Efficient Design Platform to improve the energy behaviour of a district – will be achieved through a mix of development and testing activities, including:
- Developing a holistic and effective services platform for District Energy Efficient Retrofitting Design, which integrates interoperable modules and tools that are able to provide services for diagnosis and generate and optimise scenarios (according to stakeholders' priorities) on criteria such as energy, cost, environment or social evaluation for data export.
- Reinforcing the commitment of all involved stakeholders through an Integrated Project Delivery approach that allows them to articulate their needs through a collaborative and value-based process to deliver high-quality outcomes.
- Creating an integrated ontology-based District Data Model that will contain key information in the fields of energy, comfort, environment, economic, social wellbeing and urban morphology.
- Cataloguing Energy Conservation Measures including technical, operational, maintenance and cost information providing valuable and consistent outputs to the design and district operation and maintenance stages.
- Developing an optimisation module with the aim of automating the decision making process to obtain the optimal design for an energy efficient retrofitting plan at district level.
- Externally connecting the OptEEmAL Platform to relevant entities (i.e. existing tools enabling the calculation of indicators to generate and optimise the retrofitting scenarios); and
- Strategic dissemination, training, exploitation and market deployment of the project’s developments and results.