Validation of the Platform in Demonstration Sites
In order to validate the OptEEmAL platform, two steps are required:
1. Testing of the platform prototype in existing EU-wide energy efficient retrofitting projects at district level.
A wide spectrum of case studies will be selected, ensuring performance is tested under different conditions including climate aspects, boundary conditions, uses, building typologies, levels of intervention, conservation conditions, existence of specific barriers, consideration of historical buildings, etc.
Six case studies have been pre-selected so far in four different countries with others expected to join:
- United Kingdom
- Spain (three different case studies with different uses, typologies and climatic conditions).
2. In an ambitious final stage for the validation procedure, OptEEmAL will be used by real stakeholders to carry out energy efficient retrofitting design projects for three districts.
Three different stakeholders in charge of designing retrofitting projects at district level are essential to become test-beds for validation: A municipality, a private consortium of technical offices and a municipal company. Each will head the demonstration of the performance, usefulness and user-friendliness of the tool for developing Integrated District Energy Efficient Retrofitting Plans in real environments.
The final stage for the validation procedure will be carried out in three demo cases:
- San Bartolameo, Trento (Italy)
- Txomin Enea, San Sebastián (Spain)
- Polhem Area, Lund (Sweden)
The results of the demonstration will focus on the generation of intervention plans, however the real implementation and execution will not take place in the scope of the OptEEmAL project.